Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Chalkboard Table Runner Tutorial

Ok I’m in trouble… this project has been at the shop in a while and I hadn’t gotten the tutorial posted.  Last weekend I found out the shop has sold out of chalkboard fabric, but I’m still posting because I think this would also make up nicely with some of the laminated fabric.   (And there are some really cute designs at the shop!) Update: We've got more chalkboard fabric in.



So here’s what you’ll need:
1/2 yd chalkboard fabric
1/2 yd backing

14 x 40 strip of batting


1 fat quarter for binding (This was enough for bias 2 ¼” binding)
Place chalkboard fabric face down and iron lightly on your LOWEST setting to get out any creases. Cut 14” by 40” strip of backing, chalkboard fabric and batting.

Layer together: With the chalkboard fabric face down use an adhesive spray to attach batting and then again to attach backing.  (I used Krylon, but even a basting spray would work.)

Layer in order: Chalkboard, Batting, Backing

Cut binding and bind tablerunner using a leather or other heavy duty needle.




Make some food, invite some people over and enjoy!


Or just write messages to each other all week!


Happy Sewing!

Tamara

1 comment:

  1. I really think I need to make one of these. Thanks for such a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete